Inspiring. Authentic. Practical. Relevant.
Have you heard?
Michelle Golden River—a TEDx presenter—speaks for organizations around the world. Her audiences are usually accountants, lawyers, and wealth advisors but they extend to association leaders, professional facilitators, marketing & communications specialists, and CPA firm administrators.
Michelle covers a variety of strategic, leadership, pricing, marketing, and management topics—all in the pursuit of CPA firm health, succession, growth, and profitability.
She is uniquely qualified—and in high demand—to teach up-front pricing techniques. This is exiciting new territory for CPA firms, especially large firms who’ve never had a resource seasoned in the practical application of insitutionalizing advanced pricing techniques.
Scroll down to see her hottest topics.
Contact Michelle to book her for your next event or private function.
“Michelle spoke at our Headwaters conference and her session was a real eye opener. Her approach to pricing strategies for the accounting profession is the best I’ve ever seen. It is practical, it makes sense to firms of any size, and it is the path to the future changes facing the accounting profession. Michelle knows her stuff—her thought-provoking, professional approach to presenting the topic makes you feel it is possible to make it happen in your firm!“Tim Bartz
“I don’t normally do this, but I thought your session was so good and so well-run that I wanted to offer myself as a reference if you ever need one. I haven’t seen the written evaluations yet, but the anecdotal evidence was that it was just what the doctor ordered. I can’t thank you enough for sending our managing partners out with a bang.”Jay Hauck
Energize Your Audience
A sampling of subjects Michelle speaks to.
Advanced Pricing Methods: Tools to Increase Profits
Showing how proper up-front pricing improves profitability while it deepens relationships.
staying profitable When YOU PRice In Advance
Steps to take when you shift risk from the customer to the firm (where it belongs).
advanced pricing = advanced customer relationships
Putting customers in control and providing certainty in price has unexpected benefits.
How to PRice Consulting Work
Advance-pricing fans struggle most with pricing “consulting.” It’s not as hard as it looks.
Building a business-advisor culture
With the value of compliance dwindling, demand for true business advisors grows.
proposal language that closes deals: Words Matter
Appeal to buyers’ emotions. Learn how to be more client-centric, less firm-centric.
Mythbusting "Value Pricing"
Clearing up the mixed messages about VP and a reasonable best place to start.
letting go with grace, receiving with respect
As Boomers retire, delegating work and transitioning relationships is a mounting struggle.
Michelle works with many groups that include:
“Your session made everyone sit back and really think about how we should change. In fact, the talk was of little else for the rest of the day. It was the best session that we have ever had at any of our twice-annual worldwide conferences and I thank you for being so challenging and thought provoking.”Howard Wilkinson
- Accounting Today Growth & Profitability Summits
- AccountingWEB Live
- Advanced Marketing Professionals Group
- Allinial Global (aka ARAF, Polaris)
- All-Star Financial Group (ASFG)
- AGN International
- American Bar Assoc (ABA) Law Practice Management
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) ENGAGE, Practitioner’s Symposium, Prac/Tech, PFP, HR Roundtable, Large Firm Exec Roundtable
- American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA)
- Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM)
- Association for CPA Financial Planners (ACPAFP)
- Avalara Thought Leader Series
- Boomer CEO Advantage Roundtables
- CalCPA Education Foundation, Faculty
- CPA.com / Digital CPA
- CPA Associates International (CPAAI)
- CPA Firm Management Association (CPAFMA) aka Assoc for Accounting Administration (AAA)
- DFK International
- Florida Institute of CPAs (FICPA)
- Georgia Society of CPAs (GSCPA)
- International Assoc of Business Communicators (IABC)
- International Assoc of Facilitators (IAF)
- Leading Edge Alliance (LEA)
- Legal Marketing Assoc (LMA)
- Management Summit
- Marketing Directors’ Support Group
- Minnesota Society of CPAs (MNCPA)
- Missouri Society of CPAs (MSCPA)
- Moore Stephens North America
- National Assoc of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- National Investor Relations Institute (NIRI)
- National Institute of Pension Administrators (NIPA BMC)
- Northeast Education Conference
- Practice Engine User Conference
- PRIME (by INSIDE Public Accounting)
- PrimeGlobal (aka IGAF Worldwide)
- Professional Services Marketing Assoc (PSMA)
- SAGE Summit & SAGE Leadership Academy
- The Prime Symposium
- TEDx (Halifax)
- The International Accounting Group (TIAG) & TAGLaw
- The Partner Institute
- THRIVEal CPA
- Upstream Academy
- Utah Assoc of CPAs (UACPA)
- VeraSage Institute (faculty)
- Winning Is Everything